STOTT PILATES® Intensive Program:
The Intensive Program (Level 1) is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement, or those who have completed the Functional Anatomy course and have met the Pilates experience requirements. The focus is on expanding student’s current knowledge while delivering complete instruction in STOTT PILATES® principles and Essential and Intermediate exercises in a fast-paced format. The programs provide a balanced and thorough blend of theory, observation and practical experience to help you master the repertoire.
- Working knowledge of Functional Anatomy (University/College level course completion)
- 3+ years teaching movement, fitness, and/or dance
- 30+ hours of Pilates training/experience
Note: New students are required to begin with either Intensive Mat-PlusTM or Intensive Reformer and must apply for acceptance into the certification program.
ICAD prepares you to teach Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) exercises on the Cadillac. By the end of this course you will be able to fine-tune personal and circuit training programs to meet a variety of clients’ conditioning goals with 125 exercises on the Cadillac Trapeze Table.
ICHR prepares you to teach Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) exercises on the Stability Chair. By the end of this course you will be able to fine-tune personal and circuit training programs to meet a variety of clients’ conditioning goals with 63 exercises on the Stability Chair. Full Course Description
IBRL prepares you to teach Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) exercises on the Barrels. By the end of this course you will be able to fine-tune personal and circuit training programs to meet a variety of clients’ conditioning goals with 98 exercises on the Ladder Barrel, Spine Corrector and Arc Barrel. Full Course Description
General Course Objectives:
- How to apply STOTT PILATES® biomechanical principles of core stability, breathing and alignment to all exercises
- A complete breakdown of each exercise
- Exercise goals, muscular initiation and movement sequencing
- Modifications to increase or decrease exercise intensity
- Modifications for specific body types and postural issues
- How to recognize optimal and less than optimal movement patterns
- A variety of programming options to keep clients motivated
- Effective communication, verbal cues and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
STOTT PILATES® Advanced Program:
The Advanced (Level 2) program begins with a review of relevant Essential and Intermediate exercises. Students will learn to apply STOTT PILATES® biomechanical principles to exercises that require a higher degree of strength, balance and coordination. These courses can be taken immediately after the corresponding Level 1 course or as a series of courses. Prerequisites: The advanced courses can be taken immediately after the corresponding Level 1 course.
This course covers the various reformer components and accessories to intensify a reformer repertoire and provide a stimulating workout for athletes, dancers, and highly conditioned clients. Exercises in the Advanced repertoire require strength, stability and flexibility. Full Course Description
Instructors will learn Advanced-level exercises that will place demands on the body in different planes of motion using the full range of STOTT PILATES equipment. This course rounds out the Level 2 repertoire, placing particular emphasis on the utilization of the Cadillac and Stability Chair for the highly conditioned. Full Course Description